Creations X-Factor Social Buzz Tracker
12th Oct 2012
Weekly Review (12th-19th Oct)
We thought it would be a fun project to do a weekly review of the social buzz around of X-Factor contestants as a demonstration of the value of mining social conversations to to gain valuable insight. So here is our weekly tracker, showing not only mentions, but where the conversations have taken place (for example on Twitter v on forums), and how many original people are talking about each artist. We'll keep this information up to date each week, so if you are interested please come back for a weekly update.
What we have decided not to show, is the sentiment of the posts. We're not interested in who you like, or who you dont. This is purely a measure of volume of conversations not value. But it will be interesting to see if there is a correlation between social buzz and votes. (I'm sure the guys at sofabet.com will be interested in that one).
In the Last Week Data Update:
- Union J have dominated overall mentions, but this has been driven by a lot of twitter activity (repeated posts). Union J had 46% of the total mentions in the last week with a staggering 197k total mentions.
- In the independant blog sphere, Rylan (with 27%) then James Arthur (21%) were the most talked about.
- Rylan also led the mentions in the forums with a staggering 27% and facebook with 36% and Melanie Masson jumped up week on week.
- Outside of Union J, Rylan and James Arthur, District 3 (and still counting GMD mentions too just in case) did well on the news sites, Ella Henderson in Facebook, and Jahmene and Lucy Spraggan across the board.
- Lowest overal mentions is Chris Maloney, then Jade Ellis.
Big drops in mentions - Chris Maloney with a 55% and Jade 44% and MK1 32%Big increases in mentions - Kye up 60% and Ella up 35% and Jahmene 18%
- Popular places for the mentions include Twitter, Facebook, digitalspy, telemix.co.uk, fmforums.co.uk and betfair.
UNFORTUNATELY CHART ARE NOT UPDATING - THIS IS AN EXTERNAL WEBSITE SO OUT OF OUR CONTROL - so these are from last week.
Please note to make these interactive we're using infogr.am - and they dynamically build, so they may take a minute to load, but it means you can click to view the different data.
Weekly Review (5-11th Oct)
Total Contestant Share of Voice (all social segments)
The Last Weeks Social Buzz (breakdown)
Most People Talking
Total Historic Mentions
We hope you find this interesting. If you have any questions about the data, or want to talk to a team of experts on how this kind of service could benefit your business, then please give us a shout.